Monday, August 31, 2009

Mere Hours Away

I'm sitting here knowing that in 12 hours my plane will be boarding and almost ready for take-off. It is scheduled to depart at 10:36 am. I pray it leaves relatively close to that time. My bags are packed, I have a giant pink bag on wheels and a backpack that will be checked. Both are stuffed to the max and weigh in at 45lbs. The limit is 50lbs, so I'm just under! I also have a briefcase that I am carrying on. I have a feeling the giant bag will be a hassle, but unfortunately it contains items I will need in the next few weeks. I have a box packed with winter clothes, but it won't arrive for a weeks after it is shipped.
My biggest apprehension right now is a flight delay. I have been praying all week that my planes lands in Frankfurt safely and in time for me to meet the group. We travel to Cologne that day and it wouldn't be a big deal to get there on my own, but it would be nice not to have to drag that pink bag any further than I have to.
I'm really really excited. It feels like Christmas in the fact that I know going to sleep is going to be near impossible. I've been waiting for a long time to get to take this trip and now that it is finally here the last few hours are the worst. It is so close, but yet I'm still just sitting in my living room...waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment