Sunday, December 9, 2012

Monarch Mishap

One of my favorite websites for finding discounted lift tickets is liftopia.com. They give you some of the best deals for buying last minute cheap tickets. The other day I saw tickets for Monarch Ski Area for $25, so Aaron and I decided to go and get a few runs in one afternoon. 
When we arrived the parking lot was very empty and we noticed that not a single chairlift was running. As we got closer we realized that there was no snow on the mountain. 
Monarch is one of the few places that does not make snow. Thats why it is such great skiing! However, with the lack of natural snow this season they were not open. 
I better do a little better planning next time. 

This run is named Gun Barrel. When I think back on this run it was much longer and steeper and always the biggest challenge on the mountain. It seems smaller than I remember.  

My earliest childhood memories are of Monarch and we continually went there through my senior year of high school. However, I never remember going to Monarch Pass. At the age of 24 I made!

This is Old Monarch Pass. A little dirt road that follows Monarch Ski Area boundary and then drops down the back side of the mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment