Monday, September 21, 2009

Zwoelferhorn


This hike was a total of 4 miles and a lot steeper than yesterday. It was more physically demanding, but it felt more rewarding making it to the top! It wasn't even as tall, just a lot harder to get up.This is the group within the big group that I hiked up with.
Kara, Jordan, me, Tim, Chris
We all walked at about the same pace. At the time of taking the picture we were in a cloud. It had been really hot climbing up, but when the cloud passed over it dropped a good 20 degrees instantly.


This isn't quite at the top, but is one of the best views I have. The cloud kind of made taking pictures a little difficult.

So far I've decided that I want to become a bum and summit every peak in the Alps. Ok, maybe not every one, but hiking up these mountains has been unreal. The view is spectacular not just from the top, but all of the trees and flowers and random stuff on the way up. To just be able to go climb on the peaks when every you feel like it. These people are so lucky! I can't wait until next weekend to see the next challenge.

An update on the bikes: They are awesome. It makes getting around a little easier, because we don't have to go by the bus schedule. I went to the Billa, local grocery store, and bought some chocolate and an apple juice spritzer, apple juice and mineral water, and then headed to the Leopoldkronesweiher. It is a pond near our house. The house that is on the pond is the one in the Sound of Music. As I sat there I considered taking up painting. The trees surrounding the house were being reflected in the water and the sun was hitting the house just right. It was so cool to just look at and admire. The mental image will be there forever. It made reading for class very difficult. I haven't figured out how people get anything done here. With the Alps and the beautiful scenery there are so many other things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment