Wednesday, September 8, 2010

9.6.10


  Today was a very successful day in Kindergarten. I had more than enough things planned for all of my classes. L2 we did a word/letter match and they loved it! I had Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd and Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm written on the board and then I had a picture of an apple, bird, cat, dog, jacket, kite, lion and monkey. I would hold up on of the flashcards with a picture/word on it and ask them which letter it went with. I would hold it in front of the wrong letter and they would get so excited, because that was not the right letter. When I would hold the word in front of the right one they gave me a definite “yes”. We had so much fun. N1 having a lot of little things to do was perfect. We were constantly changing, so they never really got fidgety. My second to last class, however, was really, really quiet. It was almost creepy. I couldn’t get them to say anything. So I was trying to get them to say the color red and I just happened to have a red ball. So instead of getting the entire class to say red, I asked each of them individually to say read and when they did I then handed them the ball. Then they got to throw it back to me. This went over really well. I was glad to have a few smiles as they tossed it back. My last class is taught by a girl that just graduated with a Financial Accounting degree, she is in the same boat as me, but I think her class may be my favorite. They don’t know a lot of words, so they are excited to learn. Sometimes when they get really excited they just yell. It is really pretty funny, but then we calm them back down and they will say what I want them to. We just have to get our yells out.


This afternoon was good as well. I had seven kids for twenty minutes from my L2 A,B,C classes. I rolled a mat and then they showed me that they could roll the mat. Then we all walked around the mat. I really haven’t figured out the point to this, but I’m told to teach it and so I do. After we finished rolling out mats I had cut pieces of paper in half and I let them draw pictures and I have hung them on the wall. It adds just a little something to have kid drawings up.
After the kids left I sat down on the mat next to my books and looked over my lesson plans for tomorrow and I had about ten minutes before I had to go down and stand at the gate to wave good-bye to the kids and I laid down. One of the worker ladies came in just as I had fallen asleep and I think I startled her more than she startled me. I don’t think she thought I was in my room. It was a good thing she came in though, because I would have slept for a while.

Overall a good day. I’m just taking it one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment